This report provided our shareholders with highlights of the 2018 financial year. The year in review not only highlights our financial performance but also the market announcement made regarding significant activities that contributed to our positive results:
- Fiji TV announced the appointment of Ms. Sereana Matakibau as independent Director.
- Fiji TV announced that it has secured two great events live and exclusive: The British Open Championship & Fiji vs Samoa PNC match.
- FHL invested $63 million for the last three years to new properties, plants and equipment.
- RBG released its audited accounts for FY2017.
- RBG declared Final Interim Dividend of 11 cents per share, bringing a total dividend of 16 cents per share. An increase of 6.7% over last year.
- Fiji TV announced the formal signing agreement with Liga Nacional de Futbol Professional to be Fiji’s Official Television Broadcaster of the 2017 – 2018 La- Liga Santander season.
- Fiji TV announced the formal signing agreement with Hibiscus Event Group (Inc),to be the Official Television Broadcaster of the 2017 Vodafone Hibiscus Festival.
- Fiji TV released its audited accounts for FY17 with a profit of $575k compared to a net loss of $668k recorded for the previous year.
- Fiji TV announced the Live & Exclusive Rights to televise the “Money Fight” between Floyd Mayweather vs Conor Mcgregor on Fiji One.
- FHL announced 33% growth for the 12 months ended 30th June 2017. The holding company reported a profit of 22.98 million, while the group recorded $31.07 million profit after tax.
- Fiji TV declared its first interim dividend of $0.04 per share resulting in total outlay of $412k to the shareholders.
- RBG launched its Annual Report 2017.
- Fiji TV announced the live and exclusive coverage of Rugby League World Cup 2017 on the Fiji TV’s free to air channel: Fiji One.
- Fiji TV launched its Annual Report 2017.
- Fiji TV announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Kinton International Group Limited to air the Raka 7’s on Fiji One.
- Fiji TV announced the signing an exclusive agreement with PREMIER FUTSAL MANAGEMENT PRIVATE LIMITED to air the Premier Futsal on its free to air channels: Fiji One & Channel 2.
- Fiji TV announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with the Fiji Police Force to be the official Television Broadcaster of the 2017 Ratu Sukuna Bowl Tournament.
- FHL declared $3.717 million final dividend to its shareholders. An increase from 23.0 cents per share in FY16 to 24.1 cents for FY17.
- FHL launched its Annual Report 2017.
- Fiji TV announced that it has signed a live and exclusive agreement with University of the South Pacific to be the official television broadcaster of the September 2017 USP Graduation.
- FHL confirmed news article in buying Government Printer and Stationery Department.
- Fiji TV secured the LIVE coverage rights to broadcast 2017/2018 HSBC Sevens World Series on its Free – to air channel:Fiji One.
- Fiji TV announced that it has secured Live & Exclusive rights to broadcast the DHL Octoberfest 7s on Fiji One.
- Fiji TV announced that it has secured the LIVE broadcast rights for the 2017 Melbourne Cup.
- FHL resolved outstanding issues ratifying that Yogesh Karan was no longer a Director representing A Class Shareholders.
- Fiji TV informed the general public that the company has neither received any formal notice of acquisition with any other media company, with the objective of selling the company. It is business as usual at Fiji TV.
- FHL announced that it recorded a growth in profit of over $6.4 million in the First Quarter ending 30th September, 2017.
- FHL announced the appointment of Isikeli Tikoduadua as a Director representing A Class Shareholders.
- Fiji TV announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIF) to be the media rights licensee of the FIFA WORLD CUP RUSSIA TM.
- RBG declared an interim dividend of 5 cents per share to its shareholders. RBG also released its 6 months unaudited accounts ending 31 December 2017 with post tax profit of $3.49 million compared to last year’s result of $3.83 million.
- Fiji TV announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Nawaka Sevens tournament Live & Exclusive on Fiji One.
- FHL recorded an 8% growth for 6 months ending 31 December 2017. The Group recorded a pre-tax profit of $20.91 million compared to $19.35 million in the same period last year.
- Fiji TV announced financial results for the 6 months ending 31 December 2017, with a net profit after tax of $756k compared to a net loss of $469k recorded for the same period last year.
- Fiji TV declared second interim dividend of $0.03 per share resulting in total outlay of $309k paid to its shareholders.
- Fiji TV announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Duco Events to air the fight between Anthony Joshua Vs Joseph Parker Live and Exclusive on Fiji One.
- FHL declared to pay $3.717 million as an interim dividend based on group performance for six months ending 31 December 2017. A total of more than 1,200 FHL Shareholders received their dividend.
- Fiji TV announced the Exclusive Television Broadcasting Rights to broadcast LIVE the 2018 Fiji National Schools Swimming Competition.
- FHL recorded a 6.8% growth in profit after tax for the nine months ended 31 March 2018, which stood at $19.9m compared to $18.7m achieved in the same period last year.
- FHL announced the appointment of Sitiveni Koya as FHL’s new company secretary.
- Fiji TV proudly announced that it has launched Fiji’s first ever Television App and a brand new website, that allows viewers to access Fiji’s Television services in the palm of their hands, that is, from the latest news, local programs, sports, TV program schedules, LIVESTREAM and many more.
- Fiji TV announced that it has successfully acquired rights to broadcast the 3 State of Origin Matches and 2 Pacific Rugby League Test matches this June and July.
- Fiji TV announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with World Rugby to be Fiji’s Official Television Broadcaster of Rugby World Cup Sevens 2018.
- FHL announced the redesigning of its Graduate Trainee Program for young people with very high performance capabilities and leadership potential, earmarked to be trained at FHL and its Subsidiaries Companies.